Schuberth C3 Basic - Gloss White - SALE
Schuberth C3 Basic - Gloss White
Schuberth C3 Basic - Gloss White
Not Supplied with a Pinlock Insert
Please be aware that Schuberth Helmets purchased from 1st January 2016 come with a 2 year warranty. To increase the Warranty to 5 years it MUST be registered directly with Schuberth. Please see the link below to visit the Warranty Registration page:
The outer shell of the C3 Basic combines an aerodynamically optimal shape suitable for racing with excellent protection.
- Shell material: S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre and carbon
- New helmet shell technology from SCHUBERTH permits low weight
- Glass fibre with a special resin added is compressed in a vacuum at a pressure of 4.5 bar to form a helmet shell which is exceptionally sturdy.
- Made of specially optimized EPS foam
- Used exclusively by SCHUBERTH
- A complex modular structure allows optimal shock absorption
The innovative interior lining of the C3 Basic is outstanding due to its excellent fit and the optimised ventilation and extraction system.
- COOLMAX® pad system, removable and washable
- Optimized fit
- Variable pad system ensures effective ventilation (see ventilation summer/winter)
- Hand washable up to 30 °C
- Removable cheek pads
Standard delivery with micro-lock ratchet lock
Improved visibility = Enhanced safety in the dark
- Reflex pads embedded in the neck padding
The C3 Basic is characterised by its strong and distortion-free chin guard.
The extremely robust chin guard locking system
- resists very high drag loads
- securely joins chin section and helmet shell to form a compact unit
- The EasyChange visor mechanism makes changing visors extremely simple and quick.
Integrated sun visor
The sun visor enables quick and individual adjustment according to light conditions. It is integrated into the helmet shell and can be swivelled.
The C3 Basic is the new generation flip-up helmet. It stands out from the crowd at all times through its advanced aerodynamics and agreeable riding characteristics. The integrated features make it ahead of its time.
C3 Basic - New generation flip-up technology from the SCHUBERTH wind tunnel makes your next touring journey a sheer riding pleasure.
- Aerodynamic shape
- Directionally stable
- No oscillatory tendency
- No buffeting
- Wind deflector not included
Aeroacoustics of the C3 Basic
All SCHUBERTH motorcycle and racing helmets are developed and optimised under scientific conditions in the SCHUBERTH wind tunnel. Owing to its outstanding aeroacoustic characteristics, the C3 Basic is the ideal helmet for your touring journeys.
- Extremely quiet due to integrated acoustic collar and anti-noise pad
- < = 84 dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with closed machines)
- Safety principle: the reduced noise level assists the rider's concentration and attentiveness.
Sound intensity is a phenomenon which can be explained logarithmically/mathematically.
- A 10 dB(A) jump in noise level is perceived by the human ear as a doubling of the noise level. Conversely a drop of 10 dB(A) is perceived as a halving of the noise level.
- Physically these changes in the perceived noise level already occur at an increase or decrease of 6 dB (A).
- This means that the increase/decrease in the physical load is higher than the one perceived.
Aeroacoustics are influenced by:
- the position of the helmet in the air flow, depending on the driver's size, riding posture, the motorcycle's fairing
- The fit of the helmet: differences in the anatomy of the wearer's head, neck and shoulder areas
- change the position of the windscreen
- close the gap at the bottom of the helmet, e.g. using a scarf
The C3 Basic incorporates an effective and powerful ventilation system which enables up to seven litres of fresh air to be supplied per second when travelling at 100 km/h.
- Chin vent
- Variable pad system
- Visor vent
- Air intake
Summer and winter
The positioning of the pad system can be adjusted, enabling fast and easy adaptation of in-helmet head ventilation according to:
- the season
- weather conditions
- personal preferences
- In cold weather it often occurs that with closed air supply the motorcyclist's neck zone becomes sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs.
- The concentration of carbon dioxide inside the helmet is a key safety criterion for preventing symptoms of fatigue and the thinning of breathable air.
- No negative effects on health need be feared as long as the CO2 concentration remains below 3.5 %.
- The maximum level of CO2 concentration at the workplace is 0.5 %
- Even when the neck zone is sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, this helmet guarantees that the CO2 concentration remains below the 0.5% limit as from a speed of approx. 30 km/h.
- In cases where the helmet is completely sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, the visor ought to be opened (city-travel position) for safety reasons when idling, for example at traffic lights, or travelling slowly.
Supplied with clear visor as standard - No pinlock Insert in the box.
Helmet City is a Genuine UK Schuberth Stockist and only supplies Official UK Helmets.
|HC Product under £50||No|
|Product £99.95 and over||Yes|
|Pre-Order||Pre-Order - NO|
|Search by Discount %||30% Off or better|
|Product Name||Schuberth C3 Basic - Gloss White - SALE|
|Helmet Style||Flip-Up / Modular|
|Helmet Model||Schuberth C3 Basic|
|Helmet Features||Internal Sun Visor, Micrometric Fastener, Pinlock Included, Removable Interior|
|Approval / Awards||ECE 22.05 Approval|